Thursday, September 3, 2026

I guess we can't avoid this...

 



The entire country seems to be wrapped up in this Lindsay Clancy trial.  I've been working on completing another short story - another one with time travel/interdimensional twists. I was progressing quite nicely with this, and then I made the mistake of reading a couple of opinion pieces about the trial. I sampled a couple out of MANY opinion pieces on this topic. No, really... I mean a shit ton of them. One would almost guess that there was nothing else going on, which is of course actually true on most days. If I had to make lemonade out of this, then I would say that it is at least a welcome respite from campaign ads.


This is a case which rapidly becomes a lightning rod. While the facts of the case seem rather clear; this woman did murder her three children and readily admits that she did, the sideshow evolving outside of the courtroom is ever shifting. The case has fostered a contagion of warriors for a variety of causes. The post-partum awareness and women's mental health cause; both the pro and anti abortion causes; the pro and anti-feminist causes, and yes, even the repeal the 19th amendment cause, have all enjoined their causes to this case. For good or ill.


If this was an act that can be excused for a hormonal imbalance, as a fair number of the feminist camp will contend, then it does not bode well for the state of their "movement". I'm quite certain that none of them are able to see this, but it exposes a glaring contradiction in their thought process. They fail to see that this defense of murder, excused by what is an exclusively feminine trait, helps to validate every argument ever made against women performing certain jobs. There are at least a few women that I have spoken with who seem to realize, that these card-carrying feminist types are fucking it up for ALL women.


There has developed a disturbing fandom, not just around the murderer, but around the case as a whole. We haven't seen anything like this since the OJ trial, which launched what we know as Court TV. Here is a case tailor made for Court TV. The OJ case had a lot of fanfare to herald it's arrival. This one seems to have snuck up on us. Part of that may just be due to the fact that in thirty years, the world has just grown that much colder and callous.


One of the first details that jumped at me about the case, was the fact that it is in the state of Massachusetts. We have witnessed precious little from our courts that should inspire much confidence. If any. If this is true, then it is true a thousand-fold for Massachusetts. Any of you follow the Karen Read trial(s)? Which were, incidentally, also in Massachusetts. A different jurisdiction, to be sure, but if the Read case is any kind of an indicator, then I fully expect the court in the Clancy case to cock it up.


There are those who say that the greatest danger here is that there may be no justice for these children. What justice can any court render for them? What ruling or punishment would bring them back to life? The point being, the justice isn't for them. The justice, inasmuch as any may be wrung from our courts, is for ourselves. A murder trial serves as an article of faith; that if the State can at least get this right, it absolves them of every other injustice that they perpetrate upon their people. It's a poor substitute for the real thing.


Nature does not deal kindly with child killers. If the natural law were at work here, no one would even know her name. There is a lot of ink being wasted on this bitch.


So, there. Since everyone else is talking about it...


More coming to Midnight and other beasts soon


No comments:

Post a Comment

I guess we can't avoid this...

  The entire country seems to be wrapped up in this Lindsay Clancy trial.  I've been working on completing another short story - another...